Elope in Breckenridge
Couples elope in Breckenridge for mountains, lakes, sun, the quaint downtown area and of course our fabulous ski slopes. Only 90 minutes from Denver, the options for easy-to-access, yet off-the-beaten-path elopement venues, great dining options, the vast array of things to do and the recreational opportunities are unrivaled.
If you’re envisioning:
- A mountain elopement in a breathtaking, idyllic Breckenridge outdoor location
- Gorgeous professional photography
- Actually enjoying your wedding day (What a concept!)
And you want
- Access to our handpicked Breckenridge elopement wedding professionals
- An all-inclusive intimate Breckenridge wedding package
- A local elopement wedding planner to handle all of the details for you
- A secluded Breckenridge venue that will keep you out of the eyes of onlookers
- A totally stress-free wedding experience
And you DON’T want:
- A big wed-a-palooza
- To spend months planning an elopement in Breckenridge on your own
- Inexperienced wedding vendors
- The uncertainty of trying to plan a long distance wedding
We’re husband and wife team Maureen Thomson & Jeremy Myers and we love elopement weddings. (We had one ourselves!) We and our crew of talented Breckenridge elopement wedding professionals have been putting together elopements in Breckenridge filled with laughter and happy tears since 2002.
Why couples choose to elope in Breckenridge
Breckenridge is by far the most popular place to elope in Colorado. Its amenities rival those of Vail, Telluride, or Crested Butte, yet it’s a much shorter drive from the Metro Denver area or from Denver International Airport. In addition to its geographic desirability, couples come to Breckenridge to elope for the following reasons:
- Breckenridge has plentiful options for secluded, out of the way (but still easily accessible) places to elope that offer killer mountain views. We know the trails, mountaintops, valleys, waterfalls and hidden gem, picturesque sites of the area like no one else (poking around the mountainsides of Breckenridge is basically what we do in our spare time!) and will point you in the the direction of the best places to elope in Breckenridge.
- The Summit County Clerk and Recorder’s office is conveniently located right in downtown Breckenridge for you to easily obtain your Colorado marriage license. And, like the rest of Colorado, marriage licenses in Breckenridge are valid as soon as you obtain one (i.e. there is no waiting period); they only cost $30 and you don’t need witnesses.
- For winter elopements in Breckenridge, the resorts here offer world-class skiing and snowboarding. If you are a diehard ski fan, you might be interested in our Elope on the Slopes elopement package for Breckenridge. We also half- and full-day snowmobile adventure elopements in Breckenridge in the winter.
- With a year-round population of just under 5,000 people and countless other folks who come to Breckenridge as tourists, the town affords guests many options for dining, lodging and entertainment. If you’re planning to combine your Breckenridge destination wedding together with your honeymoon, you won’t be at a loss for things to do while you’re here. In fact, your biggest challenge will be fitting it all in!
- Unlike other recreational area and ski resort towns in Colorado, Breckenridge is a true four-season venue for your Colorado elopement. Its restaurants and hotels do not shut down for what’s known as “shoulder season,” but are open 12 months of the year. Breckenridge is gorgeous at any time of year–offering pristine snow-covered mountain vistas in winter and spring, wildflower-filled meadows in early summer, and glorious yellow-gold aspens in fall.
And while we’re on the subject of how great it is to elope in Breckenridge, we do want to pass along one tip that you may not have heard elsewhere:
If you’re thinking of getting married at Sapphire Point Overlook in Breckenridge, be advised that we do not always recommend that location. It is crowded more often than not, and odds are you won’t get the secluded feeling you’re after unless you plan your wedding there for off-peak times of the year. A Sapphire Point elopement will not be a stress free affair unless you’re okay with lots of strangers hovering about when you’re exchanging your vows! We are locally based and can give you insider knowledge about spectacular, lesser-known and less-mobbed elopement sites in Breckenridge.