Estes Park Elopements
Estes Park is the gateway to the east end of Rocky Mountain National Park and one of the prettiest places on earth for an elopement wedding. It offers much of what eloping couples are seeking–mountains, lakes, recreational attractions, restaurants, numerous lodging options and easy accessibility from Denver International Airport. It’s a popular year-round destination wedding location.
How do you know if an elopement in Estes Park is right for you?
If you’re envisioning an elopement or micro-wedding with less than 30 guests in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains of Colorado, eloping with Blue Sky Elopements in Estes Park might suit you. Estes Park is not a ski town; it has a more laid back vibe than the resort towns in Colorado. It’s rustic, but still offers all the amenities you’ll need for a fabulous stay. It’s a 90-minute drive from the airport in Denver and there are no high mountain passes to drive over. This may be particularly enticing to those of you who want to be married in the snow, but aren’t used to driving in winter conditions.
Estes Park is a haven for those couples who love the outdoors. Opportunities are plentiful for hiking/snowshoeing, fishing, ATV-ing, horseback riding, snowmobiling, Jeep tours, and zip-lining. Take in the local elk herd (they’re everywhere in Estes Park). Don’t forget to leave some time for poking around in town. The shops here are eclectic and filled with all kinds of treasures. Stroll along the Riverwalk, visit a winery, and save some calories for one of the delicious fudge shops on Elkhorn Avenue.
If you do get a hankering for a big city experience during your time in Estes Park, the city of Boulder is a 45-minute drive away.
What we offer for your Estes Park elopement
- An intimate mountain micro-wedding or elopement in a breathtaking Estes Park outdoor location. We’ll provide you with a list of our pre-screened and scouted private and/or public elopement venues in Estes Park and nearby Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Gorgeous professional photography.
- Meticulous coordination services. We won’t let any detail–no matter how small–of your Estes Park elopement slip through the cracks.
- An all-inclusive Estes Park elopement package (including officiating, photography, bridal hair and makeup, wedding flowers (bouquet/boutonniere), videography and full coordination services).
What you can take off your worry list if you use Blue Sky for your Estes Park elopement
- Stressing over being the center of attention in front of 200 guests.
- Getting stuck with uninspired or inexperienced wedding vendors.
- The stress of planning an Estes Park elopement wedding on your own.
- The potential of being disappointed with your wedding photos.
- Having to deal with chaos, drama and stress surrounding your wedding day.
Check out our pricing page or request our Pricing Guide, to make sure we fit within your budget. If you’d like more information, along with a custom proposal and quote, please contact us and we’ll send that right over.
The legalities of eloping in Estes Park
- In order to be legally married here you must obtain a marriage license in the state of Colorado. Your Blue Sky Elopements officiant will guide you through this process. In short, the license cost $30 and can be obtained from any Colorado county clerk’s office within the 35 days prior to the wedding. There is no waiting period once you obtain the license; it is good right away. County clerk’s offices are not open on weekends.
- Colorado does not require witnesses on the marriage license.
- Colorado allows couples to self-solemnize their marriage, although we don’t always think this is a good idea (especially if you have guests). If this is what you want to do, talk to us and we’ll review the pros and cons so you can make an informed decision.
Watch a video of one of our Estes Park elopements