Elopement Wedding Coordination
Our wedding coordination services extend far beyond overseeing the various moving parts of your intimate wedding (although that’s part of the job too).
When you book a package containing coordination services, you’ll work one on one with Blue Sky owner Maureen Thomson (that’s me!). My job is to anticipate the pitfalls that might arise and the questions you will have before they happen. Most couples don’t know what they don’t know when it comes to planning a destination wedding. I don’t sit around waiting for you to figure it out and then ask me for answers. It’s not your job to know which questions to ask; it’s my job to give you the answers before you have to bring them up.
Your wedding will not be our first rodeo (or our hundredth for that matter) so we know what to watch out for. We’re going to have your back so you can just show up and enjoy. We don’t want you bolting upright in bed at 2:00 in the morning a week before your wedding saying “what about this?” and “I forgot to ask that.” Put that right out of your mind. We’ve got this.
What will Maureen handle for you?
Here are the some of the specifics of what Maureen will oversee:
- Assignment of your wedding professionals, including ensuring your vendors are aware of your preferences for their particular service.
- Disbursement of vendor payments (nice to know that everything is all paid for prior to the wedding day and you don’t need to worry about paying vendors).
- Ordering flowers and managing delivery time and location.
- Monthly communication with your vendors up through your wedding day to oversee their communication with you and be certain that everyone is on the same page.
- Coordination of meeting place and time for everyone on your wedding date.
- Communicating any concerns, questions or changes to your wedding vendors.
- Serving as a local knowledge resource for you.
- Facilitating communication among your wedding vendors.
- Creation of a detailed day of wedding timeline so that everyone will be on the same page.
- Contacting every vendor on the morning of your wedding for a final review of meeting place, time and services.
- Coordinating your separate wedding vendors into one seamless package.
Some of our common “crisis aversion strategies”
- Making sure we get your hotel room number upon your check-in so the florist and hair and makeup stylist find you effortlessly on your wedding day.
- Helping you to create a backup plan in the event of inclement weather.
- Implementing said backup plan seamlessly at the last minute if need be.
- Providing you a “what to pack” list so you’re not caught short
- Calling/texting/emailing your vendors incessantly in the weeks and days prior to your wedding to ensure NOTHING slips through the cracks (No kidding… it drives our vendors crazy, but ball dropping ain’t happenin’ on our watch!)
- Holding a final consultation call with you 2 weeks before the wedding to wrap up any loose ends and ensure all your final questions are answered.
- Making special provisions for children, dogs and anyone in your party with mobility issues.
- Having your vendors meet you at your hotel to caravan to your ceremony venue so you don’t get lost.
Quite frankly, those are just the tip of the iceberg. There’s a lot that can go wrong if you don’t know enough to ask the right questions beforehand. We make sure you don’t have to worry about that.