Elopements in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay is the answer to your dreams if you’re envisioning a Hawaii elopement but don’t want the expense and stress of traveling to Hawaii. (And with the governor of Hawaii asking people to refrain from visiting the state due to a spike in Covid-19 cases, it’s really prudent to elope closer to home!) Half Moon Bay’s beaches are unrivaled–with miles of shoreline, white sand and dramatic cliffs. Perfect for intimate California beach weddings. (And oh yes–Half Moon Bay has redwood elopement venues, too!) Eloping in Half Moon Bay is all about ease and enjoying your time together.
Why couples choose to elope in Half Moon Bay
The natural beauty of Half Moon Bay and its proximity to San Francisco make it a popular place to have an elopement or micro-wedding. Less than a 45 minute drive from the airport and you’re in another world of endless sandy beaches, upscale hotels and a less frenetic pace of life than in neighboring San Francisco. The beaches of Half Moon Bay offer both a toes-in-the-sand intimate wedding experience as well as stunning cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Half Moon Bay redwood sites–while taking a little bit more time to access–offer a remote, in the woods feel for an elopement.
What Blue Sky Elopements offers
- An all-inclusive elopement wedding package in Half Moon Bay.
- Stunning professional photography to document your California elopement wedding.
- Access to our handpicked Half Moon Bay wedding professionals.
- Insider knowledge on the most secluded places to elope in Half Moon Bay.
- An elopement wedding planner with knowledge of Half Moon Bay, who will handle all the details for you.
- A totally stress-free wedding experience!
What you DON’T have to worry about if you work with Blue Sky Elopements
- The stress of throwing a big wed-a-palooza. Just think! No family drama to contend with!
- Spending months planning a wedding on your own.
- Trying to figure out the best place to elope in Half Moon Bay, then dealing witht the red tape of securing the proper permits.
- The frustration of researching, interviewing and screening vendors.
- The uncertainty of trying to plan a long distance wedding.
- Hiring wedding vendors that don’t deliver on the quality you’re expecting.
The logistics of eloping in Half Moon Bay
- You’ll need to obtain a California marriage license prior to the wedding. Our officiant will guide you on this process. Bear in mind that the county marriage license offices are not open on weekends.
- Unless you obtain a confidential marriage license (this is rare), you will need one witness to sign the license. This can be your photographer if you don’t have any guests with you.
- Eloping on the beach in Half Moon Bay will require a state of California beach wedding permit. These run around $350. We will roll the cost of the permit into your package fee with us and obtain the permit for you.
- If you work with Blue Sky Elopements, we’ll handle all the details of your elopement wedding experience. All you’ll need to do is get yourselves here, obtain your marriage license (we’ll help), book lodging in Half Moon Bay for you and your guests (if any) and make arrangements for some sort of post-ceremony meal or celebration. We’ll give you referrals for lodging and dining. That’s it! We’ll handle all the rest for you.
We’re husband and wife team Maureen Thomson & Jeremy Myers and we love elopement weddings. (We had one ourselves!) We and our crew of talented local wedding professionals have been putting together small weddings filled with laughter and happy tears in and around the California coast–including Half Moon Bay–since 2002.