You don’t have to drive hours from Denver International Airport to access elopement venues with gorgeous mountain backdrops. When you choose to elope in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado, you’ll find numerous places to have a small wedding while still being close to big city amenities. It’s the gateway of the plains meeting the mountains. (Hint: you’ll always know which direction you’re headed in–look for the Rocky Mountains. That’s west!)
Eloping in Denver/Boulder
Get married in a charming Denver gazebo, amid the foothills of Golden/Morrison, or with our famous red rocks as a backdrop. When you’re not busy getting married, you’ll find world-class restaurants, recreational activities, tons of lodging options from intimate inns to grand hotels. And don’t forget our microbreweries, the 16th Street Mall (Denver) and the Pearl Street Mall (Boulder).
If you’re envisioning:
- An elopement wedding in Denver or Boulder that has a breathtaking outdoor natural backdrop.
- Gorgeous professional photography.
- Actually enjoying your wedding day. (What a concept!)
And you want
- Access to our handpicked Denver/Boulder wedding professionals.
- An all-inclusive intimate Denver/Boulder wedding package.
- A local elopement wedding planner to handle all of the details for you
- The pros and cons of locations including tips about dealing with tourist season, weather and potential pitfalls you’d never even think of.
- A totally stress-free wedding experience!
And you DON’T want:
- A big wed-a-palooza.
- To spend months planning a wedding that is more about your guests than the two of you.
- The frustration of researching, interviewing and screening various wedding vendors.
- Novice photographers who are starting out on elopements until they’re good enough to shoot “real” weddings. (Ouch!)
- The uncertainty of trying to plan a long distance wedding on your own.
Why Denver/Boulder is a Great Place to Elope
- It’s a great four-season place to elope. Plus, you’re only 90 minutes from world class ski resorts which offer year-round fun.
- Marriage licenses are available at any County Clerk’s Office; they are only $30 and are good right away. Colorado does not require witness signatures on its marriage licenses. However, there are two lines on the license where you may have witnesses make their mark if you like–these could be your kids (even infants can sign with a thumbprint), your pet, someone else’s kids or pets–even random strangers (we’re easy!). We even had one couple have a teddy bear sign. (We didn’t ask any questions. What happens on the marriage license stays on the marriage license.)
- Lodging and dining options in both Denver and Boulder are plentiful. Choose from an abundance of vacation rentals, hotels of all levels, and even several options for glamping. Opportunities for dining include every type of ethnic food imaginable.
- Blue Sky Elopements owner Maureen Thomson moved to the Denver/Boulder area in 1995 and knows all the best locations to elope.
Denver/Boulder isn’t what you’re envisioning for your elopement?
No problem! When you work with Blue Sky Elopements, you don’t have to know where you want to get married. It’s up to us and our Location Consulting Services to help you narrow things down. In the meantime, you might want to check out the gorgeous photos of elopements we’ve done in other Colorado mountain towns.