Elope in San Francisco
Eloping in San Francisco is like no other experience on earth. Of all the places where Blue Sky Elopements offers our elopement packages, the San Francisco Bay Area offers the greatest variety of venues for an intimate destination wedding. Your options for places to elope in San Francisco range from toes-in-the-sand on the beach (with either the Golden Gate Bridge or the Oakland Bay Bridge as your backdrop), cliff overlooks, cityscapes, redwoods, rooftop terraces, fabulous gardens, and San Francisco City Hall.
We’ll put together a custom San Francisco elopement package just for you. We’ll simply ask a few questions, have a phone consultation, find out what you’re thinking for your small wedding, and then we’ll be able to manage all the details for you (so you don’t have to!).
If you’re envisioning:
- An effortless, intimate wedding at a secluded San Francisco elopement venue.
- Stunning professional photography.
- Actually enjoying your wedding day. (What a concept!)
And you want
- Local knowledge on the best places to elope in & around San Francisco.
- Access to our award-winning San Francisco wedding professionals.
- Gorgeous professional photography.
- To simply elope in San Francisco with an all-inclusive elopement package.
- A totally stress-free small wedding experience!
And you DON’T want:
- To be the center of attention in front of 200 guests.
- Low-budget, inexperienced novices as your wedding vendors.
- The stress of planning your San Francisco elopement on your own.
- To be disappointed with your wedding photos.
- Drama, chaos & regret surrounding your wedding day.
We’re husband and wife team Maureen Thomson & Jeremy Myers and we love small weddings. (We had one ourselves!) We’ve been offering elopements in San Francisco since 2002.
Why we love San Francisco elopements
- Have you been to San Francisco? The vibe is indescribable and it’s a glorious city for both an elopement and a honeymoon. Stroll along Fisherman’s Wharf; pick up chocolate at Ghirardelli Square (here’s a tip on that from a local: if you walk up the hills of Lombard Street–a can’t-miss San Francisco attraction in and of itself–before heading over to Ghirardelli, the chocolate calories won’t count!). Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and check out the views from Marin Headlands. Oh yes–and take the Alcatraz tour (not exactly romantic, but it’s fabulous!). Spend an afternoon at the San Francisco Botanical Gardens adjacent to Golden Gate Park (go there too!) and hit up Chinatown for the Best. Meal. Ever. Oh, yes–and don’t forget to ride our famous cable cars and pay a visit to the Painted Ladies while you’re in town.
- Flights into both San Francisco and Oakland International Airports are plentiful and affordable from most places.
- Eloping in San Francisco gives you the option of adding extra photography time to fully capture the essence of the city in your pictures. Your Blue Sky Elopements photographer can take you on a tour of the city and snap photos of you at all the iconic San Francisco locations.
- If you want both a metropolitan and a nature-based vibe for your visit to California, San Francisco is a perfect launching point. Have your actual elopement in San Francisco, enjoy the city atmosphere, then drive north through wine country, or south along the coast to Big Sur.
- It’s very easy to obtain your California marriage license in San Francisco. Book an appointment with the office of the county clerk in San Francisco. The marriage license is good right away and only one witness is required. Your Blue Sky Elopements photographer can serve as your witness. The fee for a marriage license in San Francisco county is $113. Note: you do not have to obtain your license in San Francisco; you may pick one up at any county clerk’s office in the state of California.