California Redwood Coast Elopements
We extended our elopement packages into Northern California’s Redwood Coast in 2019 so we could offer remote redwood and ocean overlook elopements. This part of California offers old growth redwoods and dramatic ocean views. Being 250+ miles from San Francisco, it’s a bit more of an effort to get here, but it’s so worth the trip.
This part of California is often referred to as the Redwood Empire–and with good reason. The old growth redwoods here are majestic! From the Avenue of the Giants to Redwood National Forest, you’ll find uncrowded, epic redwood forests and rocky cliff ocean overlooks along with pristine uncrowded beaches–all perfect for an intimate northern California elopement!
Because of the distance required for our photographers to access sites in this area, our Northern California Coastal and Redwoods packages contain a minimum of two hours of photography. Most couples choose to have their ceremony and one hour of photography among the redwoods, with a second hour of photography at one of our coastal sites. That offers the widest variety of backdrops for your elopement wedding photos.
If you want more photography time than that, we’re happy to increase it to as much as you’d like. Perhaps you’d like some getting ready photos, or envision more of an adventure elopement with a hike deeper into the redwoods. Or maybe you want our photographer to document your post-ceremony toast. It’s all good! Tell us what you want and we’ll create a custom redwood elopement package that works for you. We can provide all day photography coverage as well.
What we offer
- An elopement at Avenue of the Giants, Redwood National Forest or among our other hidden gem, secluded old growth redwood sites (We have some amazing, little-known redwood venues!) or rocky coastline.
- An all-inclusive elopement wedding experience that includes all the highest quality wedding professionals you’re expecting: Officiants, Photographers, Florists, Bridal Hair and Makeup Artists and Videographers.
- Meticulous hands-on elopement coordination services, including reliable. fast and accurate communication throughout the planning process.
- Stunning professional photographs to document your intimate wedding.
How it works
- We’ll provide you with our insider info on the most private redwood elopement sites.
- We hand pick only the most experienced, highly-rated Northern California wedding vendors.
- You’ll be assigned a personal coordinator who will oversee all the details for you.
- The result? A totally stress-free wedding experience!
What we promise
- You won’t have to be the center of attention in front of 100 wedding guests.
- You’ll never have to deal with inexperienced wedding vendors.
- Sidestep the stress of planning a California redwood elopement on your own.
- Hordes of tourists won’t be walking by during your out-in-nature ceremony.
- No won’t have chaos, drama or regret surrounding your wedding day.
We’d be honored to partner with you to put together an elopement or micro-wedding amid the redwoods (or at our breathtaking coastline) of northern California. Email us and we’ll send you a custom quote and answer all your questions.
Eloping in the Redwood Empire
- The weather is rainier than in other parts of California. Think more “Oregon” type weather, than “California.” We only offer elopements in the Redwood Empire from May through October. At any other time of the year, you’re likely to get rained out.
- The Redwood Empire actually extends into southern Oregon. And yes, we do offer elopements in the Oregon redwoods as well.
- The largest towns for your lodging in the Redwood Empire include Brookings, OR and Crescent City, CA in the north end and Eureka and Arcata (for Avenue of the Giants elopements) in the south.
- Let’s not forget the legalities. You must obtain a license in the state in which your ceremony is performed. Your Blue Sky Elopements wedding officiant will guide you through the process of obtaining your marriage license. Just know that you need to pick up the license after you arrive here and most offices are not open on weekends. California requires one witness to sign the license. That can be your photographer, but it cannot be your officiant. Oregon requires two witnesses (one of which can be your photographer). If it’s just the two of you eloping (with no guests), we can provide a second witness for you in Oregon upon request.